27. March 2021
NEW EYFON PROJECT 2021
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Europe is characterized by shared cultural and artistic achievements, especially in the fields of music, poetry and visual arts. These areas were barely visible in the last few months and could not be shown to the general public. Establishing identity through culture is, however, extremely for a Europe that is growing together.
The project “Young artists between innovation and tradition” aims to deal with Europe through a joint performance in and at the “ARC de l’Europe” set up in Neumarkt in Styria on the occasion of the celebration of the “Europe Prize” awarded to the community of Neumarkt by the Council of Europe which will take place on September 11th and 12th, 2021.
Projects can be submitted in the following categories:
- Music, compositions, singing
- Poetry, prose
- Theatre, dance, flash mobs, sound installation
A jury will select around 10 projects, which will be further developed in a workshop week from 6th to 10th September 2021 at the Europaburg castle in Neumarkt with the support of suitable teachers in order to effectively present the projects to the public.
The jury will be composed according to the categories of the submitted projects and will involve representatives from the following institutions:
- Land Steiermark (Province of Styria)
- University of Music and Performing Art, Graz
- Music School, Murau (Styria)
- Theaterholding Steiermark
- Community of Neumarkt
Conditions of participation and submission details
- Brief written description of the project with a description of the relevance for “Europe” and the Arc de l’Europe (see description)
- Rough calculation of the costs
- Personal details (name, address, nationality, date of birth, contact details)
- Submissions in German or English
- Duration of the contributions no longer than 10 minutes
- Participation in the workshop (6th to 10th September 2021) and in the performance (11th and 12th September 2021)
- Participants should not be over the age of 35
- Teams of up to 3 people are allowed
- The participants agree that the submitted project data will be published after the submission deadline as part of the EYFON – PR
- The participant guarantees that all submitted content does not violate applicable law, in particular does not violate competition law or copyrights, and is free from the rights of third parties
- Each participant expressly agrees to the collection, processing, storage on data carriers and the use of his personal data by the organizer for the purpose of carrying out and following up the project
- The organizer bears the costs for the stay from 6th to 12th September 2021 and the workshops, for a reimbursement of your travel costs please contact us.
- Submission deadline 15th July 2021
- Relevance to the general topic
- Implementation in the context of the Arc de l´Europe
- Originality and artistic quality
The participants will be informed of the jury’s decision at the end of July 2021. The judges’ decision is final. The organizers reserve the right to change, cancel or revoke the implementation in any phase. In the event of a change or a complete cancellation of the project implementation, the participants waive the right to claim reimbursement of expenses or other compensation claims of whatever kind.
Submissions are requested to:
European Youth Forum Neumarkt – Europaburg Neumarkt